The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire diaries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 am

I just bought the first book, cause the story in the show is getting interesting, plus I loooove vampires stories.
Do you read the books? Do you like them?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Ooh cool! Very Happy I'm thinking of buying the books since weeks now. lol I actually already wanted to get them after just watching a few episodes and I almost did, but I decided to keep waiting now. Smile I'm sure once I start reading I can't stop and I really don't wanna spoil the show for me this way. Laughing I know the books and the show are supposed to have a lot of differences though and I also noticed that when I read the first few pages online, but I'm sure there's still lots of things in the books that might spoil the show, so I'd rather wait. Smile I'd rather spoil the books with the show than the other way round. Laughing Especially since I've read a lot of people saying that the show is actually for once even better than the books and from the differences I know so far, I'll probably agree anyways once I start reading them. Razz
I'm sure the books are still great though and I definitely still wanna read them, but right now they can wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:16 am

I'm reading the 3rd one right now, it got pretty interesting with an unexpected twist at the end of the 2nd one... I think it's quite predictable what's going to happen next, the "other power" stuff, but keeps me reading Very Happy

But the books are so different than the show.... Damon is not bad in the book, at least not bad as in the show, and Elena is way better in the books.... Stefan, well, i don't like him in the books or the show...
And Meredith keeps me so intrigued Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 am

Just finished the 3rd one, and though I enjoy them I think I'm done, that I won't read the 4th and 5th... It is just it seems like a trilogy with a finale, and then as it was a sucess, they add more books, and it reminds me so much to what happened to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, that would have been so cool if it had remained a trilogy....
What do you think, have you read all the books?
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I read these books years ago actually.

My sister won the first three in a competition and I borrowed them from her. I loved them so much that when she moved out (taking her copies with her) I bought my own copies. It was then that I found out there was a fourth book in the series. I got all four (including an extra copy of the fourth for my sister) and still have them.

I bought the fifth one (Damon's story) when it first came out but have not had time to read it yet. With it being such a long story I may end up reading that and the rest of the series over Christmas (though I have to work in between Christmas and New Year, which will cut into my reading time).

I have not, and don't intend to, buy any of the tv show tie in books. I am watching the show, but much prefer the books. I prefer Damon in the books as well and cannot beileve what they have done to his character in the tv show. *grumbles*

Although I cannot really speak for the fifth book since I have not read it, the fourth one did seem to me like it was unnecessary due to the trilogy being, in my eyes complete. However, that was before I read it. Afterwards I realised that it actually tied up some loose ends from the first three that I had not realised were there at all.

The odd thing about Anne Rice's books is that while I loved the first three and think the series ran on far too long I actually liked the Tale of the Bodythief. It was one of those classic be careful what you wish for stories and although it was nothing like the rest of the series and has got a lot of criticism because of it, I have actually read that one more than any other book in the series, with the possible exception of The Vampire Lestat.

I gave up on that particular series after Memnoch the Devil, although I did buy The Vampire Armand since he is one of my favourite characters.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 am

About Vampire diaries, I also read the first 3 books. It really is an easy-nice reading, but i don't know if it is because of the translation, but they are pretty teeny. I am liking the show, not loving it though. And I am totally a team Damon girl, in books and show. I don't really like either what they've done with the characters so i prefer to think about two different not-related things...

About Anne Rice's stories, i used to LOVE the 3logy. I read the Tale of the Bodythief and i didn't enjoyed it very much, and then we bought the Pandora one, Menoch, Armand and Marius (can't remeber the exact names of them) but we read Pandora, Marius and stopped in there. I think they totally lost the charm i loved in the 3logy so i prefered to remember all the Lestat universe as just the 3logy. Maybe one of these days I reread them though, now i am more adult than then lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire diaries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire diaries   Vampire diaries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire diaries
Page 1 of 1