The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Caprica (BSG spinoff)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Caprica (BSG spinoff) Empty
PostSubject: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm rewatching the first season of Arrested Development at the moment and yesterday I noticed an almost unrecognisable Alessandra Torresani! Playing Ann for one episode before Mae Whitman took over. The dark hair definitely works much better for her than the blonde.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How's everyone liking it so far? I'm really enjoying it more as it goes along. Apparently the ratings are terrible though which isn't a good sign.

Quote :
As for Caprica, its slide is looking pretty perilous — from 1.6 million viewers for the pilot to 1.4 million for the second episode, to 1.1 million for its third outing. That's a pretty steep slide, and the numbers are careening into Flash Gordon territory. As TVByTheNumbers was keen to point out, Caprica was beaten by the Discovery Channel's Swamp Loggers.

So what's the prognosis? Both shows will probably finish out their first seasons, and Syfy seems to have a lot of confidence in Caprica, which could well generate some healthy DVD sales. But if you could flash forward six months into the future, it's not looking too likely that you'd see either show prepping a second season.

Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

This topic just reminded me I've got a draft to send to you in my office about this and the Dh finale.... :S
Alessandra totally fit better as a brunette, though she is not my type at all.... I am not enjoying the show actually... I don't find charisma in the characters and I find the eps pretty boring, but I learnt in reviews I am missing a huge part of the stories (I even don't know who some characters are!) and i need to rewatch the eps, and maybe i change my opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm loving it.

I totally need to rewatch the episodes aired up to now, though. In any case, I'm loving how they play with the creation of Cylons as a way to bring back a dead girl, and especially how all the "one God" line from BSG has its beginning in humans, and not in cylons themselves.

As for the cast, I agree Diana... There's nobody with Jamie Bamber's, Katee Sackhoff's or Edward James Olmos' charisma, but they do good preformances... Nothing like the "daddy" show, but good anyways.

Plus, anything born from BSG is worthy to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I know what you guys mean. I think there's some fantastic actors in the show but the characters are all so shady! Except Lacy who just seems lost and under Zoe/Avatar Zoe's influence. The only person who's really interested me as a character has been Avatar Tamara. I'm very worried about her now as she seems to be completely lost.

Di, have you been falling asleep watching shows again? ;-)

I just read this tonight. I can't make up my mind if it's good or bad.
Quote :
Will we ever see the world of Battlestar Galactica come crashing into Caprica? — Tally
MICKEY: I will bet you one meeellion cubits that we will. Caprica executive producer Jane Espenson tells us that the new show will address the overlap through the backstory of the Final Five, who, as you remember, started their "lives" on Caprica. "If you actually do the math, the [human-Cylon] war starts about five years from where our characters are in Caprica," Espenson says. And what's this? The producers have already contacted Spartacus' Lucy Lawless about reprising the role of D'Anna on Caprica. Watch your back, Eric Stoltz!
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Mmmm....Lucy Lawless would be a plus Very Happy
And I would love to say i am not narcholectic again but i would be lying so yep, I recognise I've been falling asleep again while watching shows, but I promise i didn't during the 3rd ep and in the 2nd one just in the last 5 minutes!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I loved the last ep!
Back to top Go down
Little Monster

Little Monster

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm

i am going to watch this soon!! i love bsg, and i loved the pilot ep but i just haven't gotten around to watching the new eps. i so need to!
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

We totally need to rewatch everything, since both of us have lost stuff we don't understand now... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:57 am

Specially me Sad
This weekend babY?

Btw, James Marsters ( Caprica (BSG spinoff) 495736 Caprica (BSG spinoff) 495736 Caprica (BSG spinoff) 495736 Caprica (BSG spinoff) 495736 ) joined Caprica:

Caprica: James Marsters Q&A

How excited was I to participate in a teleconference with James Marsters, O, he of Buffy and Angel fame and spiked, ice blond hair, the English accented undead? Incredibly! How frustrated was I when, in spite of all my attempts, I could not get through to ask him a single question? Very.

Maybe there is like a perfect combination of 17 digits entered every 30 seconds that will get you through directly to him. I don’t know. Perhaps there is this evil game of duck, duck, goose that left me on the loosing end. Possible. Or perhaps I’m just completely daft. Whatever. Suffice it to say that it wasn’t happening for me. But that’s a different story and we’re going to focus on the positives here, of which there are many.

Friday, March 5th, James Marsters will be joining the cast of Caprica, a new show airing on the Syfy network related to but separate from the wildly popular Battlestar Galactica. Now I’ve been a fan of Marsters since Angel, so being able to participate in this teleconference was incredible. And I found Marsters to be humble, very intelligent, and yes, because I know you’re going to ask it, incredibly cool. Here are some of the things he talked about.

James on his character, Barnabus Greely:
James describes Barnabus as a religious warrior, a man who will do anything to change this corrupting world. And in trying to save the world, he is ‘not afraid to make mistakes;’ this James says with a heavy dose of admiration. When asked how he feels about playing such a zealous character, James says that he understands Barnabus’ motivation as he sees his world coming apart. In this fallen world, Barnabus is trying to save humanity and as such, he doesn’t fear going too far to do so. He will hurt and use people in order to make this right.

On Barnabus’ motivation:
Barnabus is driven by the loss of his father to the corruption of the surrounding world. Barnabus’ journey starts out very personal, as a quest to save his father and then expands to become very large in a quest to save the world in whole.

On Caprica and society:
Caprica reflects where we are in current society. James compares the world today to Rome and the rise of decadence. Before declining to get too morose, James admits that he finds the idea depressing.

Favorite episode of Caprica:
The episode the character is introduced in gives more for the actor to work with. James adds that the first episode is very intense for an actor because you don’t know what you’re doing well.

James will be on five episodes of Caprica. While the option is open for more, he has no idea about the possibility of a second season.

On likes:
When asked on different genre choices before he got into science fiction, James admitted a fondness for late 70s movies and Blade Runner. For book choices, James is a fan of Animal Farm and Fahrenheit 451.

On Bringing back Spike:
Yes, James would be interested in reprising the role of Spike. But with his aging over the past seven years and Spike’s inability to do the same, that seems further from likely as time goes on. If there was a way to hold that option he definitely would.

On Torchwood:
Yes, it is possible that James would appear on the fourth season of Torchwood, if asked.

On Battlestar:
While he has seen Battlestar Galactica, James did not use the show as a reference to prepare for his role on Caprica. Having seen some of Battlestar and knowing the catastrophic events that are going to happen in Caprica’s future, in preparing for the role, James had to forget that in order to be in a world that does not know what they are going to become.

On being typecast and choosing roles:
There are worse things than being seen as the strong, tough, cool guy. No, there’s no fear of that. And in choosing roles, this shouldn’t be a factor, Marsters says, as that would force you into choosing writing that isn’t as good. Instead, when you ‘recognize good writing, go for that.’

Favorite film writers:
Ridley Scott and Martin Scorsese. Also, Pixar has incredible writing, says James, who has seen everything they do.

On Smallville:
Definitely would love to return to Smallville. James had nothing but great things to say about the cast of Smallville, as well as Tom Welling, the resident Superman.

On music:
Feeling that he gets better as time goes by, James stated that he recorded some new tracks for an upcoming album he is doing with Ghost of the Robot. This new album will feature his son, age 13, on the guitar.

Fun facts:
He cut the signature Spike locks off the day after Angel went off for charity.
The Buffy musical episode was born after the cast got together to do a Shakespeare reading that turned musical.
James loves the current vampire trend because they got his niece to read.
Barnabus would recruit Spike.

Overall, I found him to be really affable and generous with his answers and I am looking forward to checking him out in his new role starting this Friday at 9pm on Syfy.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 am

Neither me!
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 am

Some weird daddy/daughter time in Caprica this week. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know about you guys, but I have been loving the last few eps! It took a while to find it's feet, but it's gotten really good.

Yes, The The Cylons On Caprica Are Scientifically Plausible. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:19 am

Mmmm... I must admit we are "in pause" watching the show cause we need to rewatch the first 4 eps to, well, understand the show at least on a 50% lol I guess this next week we'll be able to catch everything up Very Happy
Are you liking them, then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

LOL Fair enough. I think the first few shows were a little boring but packed a lot in which is kind of a bad combination.

Yep, I'm really enjoying them now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caprica (BSG spinoff)   Caprica (BSG spinoff) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caprica (BSG spinoff)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: The Multimedia Centre :: TV Shows-
Jump to: