The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal   Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:59 am

Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal – Southwest Airlines is back in the news for expelling Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob from a flight for being too fat.Kevin who is known for directing classics such as “Mallrats” and “Clerks” was asked to exit the plane because his weight was considered a safety issue, so he took to his Twitter account to blast the company saying:

“I was threw off a flight from Oakland to Burbank on Saturday night because I was too wide for the sky.Dear @SouthwestAir – I know I’m fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?.I’m way fat… But I’m not THERE just yet.But if I am, why wait til my bag is up, and I’m seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN. In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who’d already I.d.ed me as ‘Silent Bob.’”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

People: Kevin Smith peeved after airline says he's too big for one seat

Director and actor Kevin Smith and Southwest Airlines engaged in a war of words Sunday and Monday — on Twitter and on blog posts — after Smith was refused a seat on a Southwest Oakland-to-Burbank flight because he's too hefty.

"You have messed with the wrong sedentary, processed-foods eater," snapped the filmmaker in a Twitter post Sunday.

Smith, best known as the director of "Clerks" and for portraying the Silent Bob comedic character, says he tried to board a Sunday flight but was turned away even though, he claims, he could fit in the seat and buckle himself in.

Smith, who has openly talked and joked about his weight problem, acknowledges he normally buys two seats while flying, and did so on an Oakland-Burbank flight on Sunday. But his plans went awry when he tried to snag an earlier flight. He was put on standby and was informed that a single seat had become available. But when he came aboard, the flight's pilots ruled that he did not fit in the single seat.

In a blog post Sunday, Smith insisted, "I fit in the seat. "... I could buckle the belt. I complied with the Southwest Airlines standards "... and yet they bounced me regardless."

But Southwest reps countered, in a blog titled "Not So Silent Bob," that the filmmaker clearly did not fit in the seat comfortably. "Our employees explained why the decision is made, accommodated Mr. Smith on a later flight, and issued him a $100 Southwest voucher for his inconvenience."

And, really, why should anyone be in a hurry to get to Burbank, anyway?

Smith, however, complained that Southwest Airline's blog was "more insult than apology."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Juan
Admin
Juan

Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal   Kevin Smith Southwest Airlines Fat Scandal Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 am

Laughing Poor fat Kevin! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: The board :: The Cafe-
Jump to: