The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Empty
PostSubject: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Nice collection. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 am

I love the ones with the baby Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Super Bowl is always a great visual show...

And yeah, the pictures with the baby are pretty cute!
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:07 pm

The halftime show this year was a waste of time though. And that's despite the fact that I've liked the band since I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Really?

I mean, they're not kids anymore, and Zak Starkey is not Keith Moon, but The Who used to be pretty powerful on stage... Are they that old as to make a mediocre show?
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 pm

They're that old. John Entwistle died years ago. I saw The Who live in the early 90s. They were clearly past their prime then. Daltry's voice is still OK, but clearly not what it was. And Townsend still seems more or less ok. But these are men in their 60s. But the show wasn't well done. The Who's best songs are long. So they didn't have time to do complete songs. And what they did came across more as an advertisement for the 3 CSI shows that use Who songs for themes than anything else (was same network).

There hasn't been any young or currently popular bands since nipplegate. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah, I get that their songs are pretty much neverending... And it's obvious they're not in their best moment, but even so...

It's really a pity that with all the great songs they've made most of the people just knows her for the excerpts taken for CSI... Sad

As for the bands... I don't really follow Super Bowl more than the result and some video highlights, so I don't use to check the halftime shows. But I loved the term "nipplegate" Laughing Never heard it before!
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm

The difference between the The Who, and, say the Rolling Stones or Beetles is that they stopped making new music long before the Stones, and they never had as large a following as the Beatles. So they fell out of being well known outside of people who like a certain range of music.

Other halftime shows have been of various quality. For several years they got more modern and more risque. But then Janet Jackson went and flashed a boob. And there was a big reaction to that eve since they've been careful to have acts that are more old fashion and safer. Prince did a good show a couple years ago. Others have been nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)   NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Superbowl game Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints (7/02/10)
Page 1 of 1