The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Empty
PostSubject: Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?   Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Quote :
Exclusive: Rob Lowe ditches 'Brothers & Sisters' for 'Parks and Recreation'
by Michael Ausiello

File this one under “G” for very good career move. Better yet, file it under “V” and cross-reference it under “G.” Oh, screw the filing and just listen up: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Rob Lowe is nearing a deal to join the cast of TV’s best comedy, Parks and Recreation.

I’m told that Lowe, who, as you know, is leaving Brothers & Sisters at season’s end, would appear in multiple episodes of Parks and Rec beginning later this season and extending into next. (NBC wisely went ahead and renewed the comedy for a third season.)

Details about Lowe’s character are being kept under the tightest of wraps. I should know more as soon as his deal becomes official.

Thoughts? Do you agree with my filing instincts?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My initial thought was 'Yay!', followed by 'He better not mess up my show!'.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?   Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:39 pm

It's confirmed!

Quote :
The unthinkable has happened: Pawnee, Ind., just got sexier!

While NBC isn't commenting yet, Parks & Recreation boss Mike Schur (Mose!) just confirmed to our pal Matt Mitovitch from sister site Fancast that Rob Lowe is coming on the NBC show, saying, "It's a perfect fit."

So what are the deets?

No word yet on Rob's role—I'm told that's still being finalized—but Lowe will come on board in the second-to-last episode of the season and is slated for "a number of episodes stretching into season three."

Lowe is exiting ABC's Brothers & Sisters after the current season, amid reports that Rob had asked out of his contract in order to land more of a leading role elsewhere. (Though my sources also cite budget issues and say the parting was a bit more mutual.)

So it is a bit surprising Rob is taking another ensemble gig.

According to Schur, Rob will mesh well in a comedy like P-Rex because he was "very funny" in movies like Wayne's World, Thank You for Smoking and Austin Powers.

The current second season of Parks and Recreation is enjoying a creative upswing, so we can only assume Schur's team will come up with some awesome material for Lowe.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?   Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 am

Never watched Brothers & Sisters, is it good? And never heard of Parks and Recreation either... Sad
But thanks for the news, Fi!
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?   Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 am

I've never seen Brothers and Sisters, but it seems to be very popular. P & R is funny though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?   Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Lowe ditching Brothers & Sisters for Parks & Recreation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: The Multimedia Centre :: TV Shows-
Jump to: