The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi from Kev

Go down 
+7
Mia[[LP]]
Tyg
Louisa
Juan
Celes*
Truefan
kev
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kev

kev

Hi from Kev - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 am

I quit watching GG after season 5. So I didn't know about that. But even for many people in the US, Obama seemed to come out of nowhere. Hillary Clinton sure was surprised Razz And there are still a few people who claim Obama was born in Kenya, so he can't legally be president. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 am

lol Funny!! I don't think this is the topic to talk about this, but do you think people in general are happy with what he is doing during his mandatory?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm

It's a complicated question. And you kinda have to know American politics to understand it. But the short version is that Obama inherited a crisis, and he has no magic wand to wave to solve it. So he hasn't looked like he is all that effective. And a lot of people, lead by people like Limbaugh, have done everything they can to encourage people to oppose, and even hate, him. It is a very ugly time in US politics. He is sort of caught in a no win situation, and is catching criticism, or worse, from all sides.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 am

The thing I hate about Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, etc. is that they will tell blatant lies and massage the facts so much in order to make whatever disgusting point they're trying to make and a lot of people actually fall for it. It's very worrisome.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Well, that's politics in the US these days.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am

Really random, but I just checked your profile and see that you live in Connecticut! I never knew that... Well I just noticed because you live in Hartford Hartford, which reminds me of Gilmore Girls Very Happy

Is it a nice city?
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 am

Not so much, no. And the area really isn't like Gilmore Girls. They got a couple of things right, but for the most part just made things up and clearly didn't know the area more than generally before I think they started doing some research in seasons 3 or 4.

Hartford has some nice things in it. But it is a very small area city. And most of it is places you do not want to go alone. It's worse now than it was when I was young. Unless you work there, or have some other reason, most of the time you go to all the towns around the city and never go into the city at all.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 am

Oooooh!! I knew you were from Connecticut, but never realised your Hartford was GG's Hartford!! I can be so nerd sometimes!! lol
Is the city so dangerous?
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

Not outstandingly dangerous. But you really don't want to go into some places without a local. The whole north end is pretty much a wasteland now. The way things work around here, all the poor are bottled up in one small area and anyone who can afford to leaves town. And then the jobs leave. So there are some areas that have nothing at all good in them after a while. The north end of Hartford, and areas of the south end, are like that now.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

I saw in some post awhile back that your favorite movie is Blade Runner? I've never seen the film, but apparently will be watching it in Science Fiction Film class in 2 weeks. I hope it's good. I've heard pretty positive things about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:21 am

Blade Runner is considered a cult classic. One of the movies that didn't do the best at first, but then caught on later. Not everyone likes that kind of dark scifi. But the story is compelling. It has a good cast. And Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer both have memorable performances.
Back to top Go down
Jinx

Jinx

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:07 am

hmm i remember ages AAAAAGES ago....when i thought you were an 18 year old girl from France....good days lol xD
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

How silly of you Razz
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 am

Why is Blade Runner your fav movie if i may ask?
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:16 am

I don't know how to put that into words. But whenever the question comes up, that's the only movie that really strikes me as something I'll be watching again and could be a fav. There are others that I've liked and watched more than once. But not that I keep coming back to.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 am

Kev wrote:
Blade Runner is considered a cult classic. One of the movies that didn't do the best at first, but then caught on later. Not everyone likes that kind of dark scifi. But the story is compelling. It has a good cast. And Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer both have memorable performances.
I watched when Juan and I started dating cause it was his fav movie. It didn't say anything to me, i found it pretty overrated...
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 am

I'm sure it doesn't appeal to everyone. That's why it's a cult classic, and not a mainstream classic Wink
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Rutger Hauer's character was very compelling in it.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 am

I'll be watching it on Monday, but I've read a bunch of articles on it in preparation for class lecture and the screening. I can already see how different the book is from the film. WOW.

I'll let you know what I think, Kev! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 am

Hope you enjoy! cheers
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 am

Gonna be away for a week. See ya all soon.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 am

Holidays? Very Happy
Thanks for telling us!! Will miss you, Kev!
Have a nice time!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 am

Cool! Hope you'll have a great time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 am

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Kev   Hi from Kev - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Kev
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: Welcome :: Your first stop-
Jump to: