The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh

Go down 
+2
kev
Truefan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

"Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Empty
PostSubject: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 am

Huge news of these days on the buffyverse:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is returning to the big screen, despite the misgivings of the man who created the franchise.

Warner Bros. has picked up the movie rights to the remake, which will be written by Whit Anderson, an actress-turned-screenwriter.

Details of the film are being kept under wraps, but "while this is not your high school Buffy, she'll be just as witty, tough, and sexy as we all remember her to be," producer Charles Roven in a statement.

Originally a 1992 movie starring Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry, "Buffy" found success on TV, creating stars of not only its cast, headlined by Sarah Michelle Gellar, but also series creator Joss Whedon.

To the chagrin if his fans, Whedon is not involved with the feature remake and seemed less than impressed about the project.

"I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER," he said in a humorously philosophical missive to E! Online.

"I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill."

Warner Bros. optioned the rights from original movie director Fran Rubel Kuzui and her husband, Kaz Kuzui, as well as Sandollar Productions, run by talent manager Sandy Gallin and singer Dolly Parton.

Joss Whedon bewails new 'Buffy' movie

The entertainment industry is lame, bad, evil. So say two of the nation's most respected pop-culters. First up, TV wunderkind Joss Whedon, 46, says he's appalled that his show Buffy the Vampire Slayer - which was loosely based on the '92 vampire-killer-with-a-killer-Valley-accent flick - is being made into a film without him.

"This is a sad, sad reflection on our times," Joss tells E! News, "when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths - just because they can't think of an original idea of their own."

Good or bad news?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 am

Bad. No reason for this.
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

Oh no!!

Then it's just gonna be one of those vampire-hyped movies now. And it might not be a success which might people think even worse of the show (those who haven't seen it). Sad
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:52 pm

UGH. NO. This is just NOT acceptable. This is too much!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Mia[[LP]]

Mia[[LP]]

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 am

well than.... this is... ok.

I wonder if their gonna base it on the movie Buffy or the tv Buffy because the two were NOTHING alike!

..and will Faith be in this movie? That's what I wanna know.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 pm

This is going to be rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh   "Buffy" remake proceeds despite Whedon's big sigh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: The Multimedia Centre :: Movies-
Jump to: