The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?

Go down 
+4
Little Monster
tru
kev
Tyg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Empty
PostSubject: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Quote :
Here’s a little Saturday trauma, in case you’re looking for some heart failure to get your weekend going. I think that everyone can agree that the worst part of Joss Whedon’s “Dollhouse” was Eliza Dushku. Right?

Well, have I got some news for you!

Whedon and Dusku may be re-teaming again. For a feature project, even. It’s not exactly reliable information (it comes from Dushku, after all), but this is what the vapid and wooden actress had to say to Hollywood Life (via Slashfilm) “I think we’re going to work on a kickass feature together that we’ve been thinking about for a few years.”

*Gulp*

Slashfilm has a pretty solid hunch that the film she’s referring to is Goners, a super-duper secret supernatural horror film that’s been in development for a while but has never found its legs. It’s described only as a dark fantasy horror film about a young woman’s journey.

It may or may not be Goners and Dusku may or may not be doing some wishful thinking — I’d like to think that whatever bet that Whedon lost that compelled him to cast Dushku in “Dollhouse” has been repaid. It’s either that, or Dusku has some really messed up photographs of Whedon in some nasty compromising positions.

You know what’s even more horrifying? The question that elicited the above came in the context of talking to her about possibly joining the cast of Ghostbusters 3.

*headeskshuddervomitretch*
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 pm

I'd like to see them work together again. I'm not really into horror. But am willing to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
tru

tru

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks Tyg for the info. I like to see them together again too. My dream is a spinoff of BTVS with Faith Lehane Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://lez-echanges.com/
Little Monster

Little Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:25 pm

yah i'm also rooting for faith spin off, although it will never happen Sad
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

tru wrote:
Thanks Tyg for the info. I like to see them together again too. My dream is a spinoff of BTVS with Faith Lehane Twisted Evil

I always wanted that. But I'm afraid it's just too late. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:01 pm

After Dollhouse, I really wish the only cooperation between them would be Faith's spin-off, or at least a project not so ambitious as Dollhouse was in the first place...

By the way, is just me who thinks the guy who wrote that is mocking Eliza?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 pm

I would say the writer of that is not too much of a fan of Eliza.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:59 pm

LOL I don't think he is. It's a cool website but the tagline for it is 'Scathing Reviews. Bitchy People.'
Back to top Go down
Mia[[LP]]

Mia[[LP]]

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 am

has anyone heard anything else from this? just curious.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Nothing. I guess nothing came of it as she was signed up to do a TV show pilot for a detective show a few months ago. Although that ended due to 'creative differences' apparently.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Personally I think it ended because of her bitchy and superficial attitude, but that's just me. Rolling Eyes

*waits for rocks to be thrown at her*
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 pm

LOL You really are pissed off with Eliza!
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I know her tweets are superficial. And her taste in BFs sucks. But I really have not seen where the rest of the hate is coming from.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:23 pm

At least you guys are respectful about it. Unlike some other people I know. I'm just really tired of her attitude towards everything. Taking on strong women roles isn't always about beating people up and I just... I don't know. It's hard to explain in an online forum. I think Diana also feels the same way, though.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm sure Di does feel some of that. One thing I have trouble with, I know that some of you Tru Calling fans are extremely dedicated even now. But the way I heard it, by the time TC went off the air, no one that was making it was happy with it. It wasn't a good professional memory for Eliza. She wasn't happy with the show or the character. So while some of you love Tru even now, I don't think the fact that Eliza doesn't should be deciding factor on whether or not you respect Eliza.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm

It's ONE of the deciding factors. I don't like how she bashed the show. Cuz she basically did. She should respect it like she respected other shows and movies she's done. But because it's not promoting a "sexy" image, I don't think she looks fondly on it. Strong female characters don't only beat people up. They can be strong in other ways. There were good writers on the writing staff of Tru Calling. I'm not calling the showrunner of Tru Calling an angel either, but I don't think Eliza has looked at Tru Calling in a positive way. It was her first show as leading lady. That's kinda huge. She seems to dismiss it now. That pisses me off. She just pisses me off. I should have realized what a bitch she was a long time ago, but I didn't.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Can you link me to what she said?
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 am

From the Venice Magazine interview (while filming Dollhouse):

Would you have done a show with anybody else at that point?

I did call him and I didn’t get a call back. And I was like, “Well, if he calls back, he calls back.” And so I had taken one other meeting with somebody that the studio had offered and, I don’t know, a lot of stuff on television, understandably, you’re in the same place every week or the same skin every week, the same kind of clothing, the same kind of environment. And doing “Tru Calling” I realized I really got sick of that morgue. [laughs] I really got sick of even Tru, the character, and the peo­ple around her. I am grateful for that show for a lot of reasons and there are a lot of fans of that show. [Quentin] Tarantino called me one day and he was like, “Hey, Dushku, I just spent the whole weekend watching the ‘Tru Calling’ box and I love it.” I was like, “Wow, maybe it wasn’t so bad.”

So she says she's grateful and then she's like, "Oh, Quentin Tarantino liked it so it must have been good if he liked it." I just feel like that's the kind of attitude she took with it. I know she does acknowledge fans, but then totally turns around and dismisses it. I'm aware that Tru Calling never had the fanbase that Buffy or Dollhouse did and that's fine, but have some respect for your own damn show!

Rest of the interview is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 am

Lara, sweety, you sound like you are genuinely angry that she is not who you want her to be. And I don't think that's fair. The actor is not the character. She had a bad experience working on a TV show years ago. Should she be forced to be dishonest about it and keep it to herself?

Feminism is not about forcing all women to fit into one mold that is defined by some feminist leader. And it is the attempt to do that, as much as anything else, that makes feminism fail as a movement. Real feminism should be about letting every woman be who she wants to be. And to do that, you have to understand that some will choose to be something that you don't like.

Fine, you don't like some of the choices Eliza has made. And you don't like some of the things she's said. And she can seem shallow in public. If you don't want to be her fan, then don't be her fan. But don't be angry at her because she doesn't conform to your expectations.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 am

Mmmm... Please allow me to say something about that..
And please, Eliza fans, stop reading lol
I don't think Lara is mad at her cause she doesn't conform her expectations. I think Lara is mad at herself cause she had some expectations and Eliza is just not that. She (Eliza) kept and keeps a fasade of that girl Lara and I loved, but the truth is she is not that girl. What moves her is not what we though. She is not the Boston girl anymore with that faithish attitude and promising talent. She is just another c-celeb thinking herself as an A-celeb, wanting to be known cause she is sexy with sexy characters and well, the promising talent became promised but inexistent talent...
And about Tc, for what we read back in the TC days, she was a diva and behaved as a diva, so maybe the rumors were true, and maybe she was that bitchy, even back then... My opinion: you are doing a job, selling a product. A.- Don't compromise to a second season if you won't believe in the product ergo you won't fight for the product. B.- Don't bitch about the product, you were payed A LOT for TC, right? Then show some respect to the people who trust you to give you a show and keep it on air for almost 2 seasons...
Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm not trying to claim that everyone should love Eliza. If you don't, you don't. If she's not who you thought she was, and you don't like her any longer, that's fine. I get that.

What I don't get is the anger that I see. She's just an actress. Not someone you have a personal relationship with.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Ahhh, thank you, Diana! You brought up a some good points!

No, she's not the warm, down-to-earth, feminist, Boston girl I thought she was. Now I feel like I admired her for the wrong reasons, but she did put forth some excellent products with her work. Which brings me to my next point that Diana mentions.

Yeah, maybe she was a diva back in the TC days. OK, I get that. A lot of celebrities are. Also, it was her first time as leading lady in a TV show and I can't imagine how nerve-wracking that's gotta be! But there are other people besides the actors and writers involved in the production. Think about the crew. Think about the people that get up and are on set BEFORE Eliza and the other actors to make Eliza and the other actors look good. Yes, she had to carry the show, but a lot went on behind the scenes and when there were lapses in filming. I understand that in her career, as in everyone else's, she's gonna have low points. Maybe TC was one of them. But Dollhouse also was on for only 2 seasons, even though it had more of a finale than TC did. She doesn't really complain about DH and the ratings weren't astronomical on that show either. Both shows were on the same network.

I realize that not every experience for her is going to be a good one, but she doesn't have to say things about it like that. She wanted something different. She wanted to be a role model. Maybe the show didn't go how she expected, but it wasn't THAT bad. I just think she should have some respect for the others involved instead of knocking her own show. And you don't need validation from Quentin Tarantino either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?   Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joss Whedon & Eliza Dushku to work together again?
Page 1 of 1