The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi everyone

Go down 
+5
Truefan
Celes*
kev
Louisa
Tyg
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi,

Most of you know me already. I'm Fiona/Tyg. Temporarily unemployed and being very lazy. God, I can't think of anything interesting to say!
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

I didn't know you had lost your job. That must suck.

I am still in employment though my situation has been up in the air for a couple of years now. Though my boss finally confirmed they wanted to make my contract permanent a few days ago. I just wish the job didn't involve such long hours.

I hope you find a new job - and an amazing one - soon.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks for that. It's not been too bad though, thankfully. I actually took voluntary redundancy so at least I have a pay-out. I really have to get my ass into gear though on Monday and do some hardcore searching. I've been really slack, initially because I was enjoying the break but then because there were pretty slim pickings out there. Things seem to have picked up a wee bit in the last couple of weeks though. I need to get something soon though unless I want to burn through all my money!

Good work on the permanent contract! It does give you a nice sense of security knowing you'll be in employment for the foreseeable future (however much it drives you crazy!). I was talking to an agency about temp work last week (which I used to love) and I was thinking that I don't know if I could take the insecurity these days. I'm getting old, I think.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi again Fifi Hi everyone Retard_wave_by_prosaix
Back to top Go down
Celes*

Celes*

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 am

Hi Fiona!!! Welcome!!
I hope you find a job soon!!! Anyway, it´s great have a little vacation, haha Wink
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 am

Hey Fifi! So glad reading you here!! Very Happy I agree you, having a permanent contract gives a sense of security (sometimes unreal cause you can get fired too) to face things in other mood!
And despite some vacation time is great, I am sure you'll find something good for you soon Wink
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Juan
Admin
Juan

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 am

I reaaaaally missed my cavewoman around a forum... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks guys. Feels like old times!
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am

Actually, it does. And I'm loving it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 am

Me too!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 am

Good to see you again Fiona Smile. Good luck with the job hunt!
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks! *puts down the book I've been reading all day instead of jobhunting*
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi, FiFi! Good luck with the job search!

I know you were thinking about school at one point and I remember you were studying Sociology. Do you ever think about going back to school?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 am

Yep, that was my first plan when I got the redundancy. I looked into it though and realised that if I was going to study full-time, I'd also have to work full-time as well and it would be something of a struggle. The revised plan now is to get a job and once I'm back in employment make a plan to start part-time studying again in Sept/Jan. I'm not sure what I want to study at the moment but I've decided I have to be practical about it and make it something I can finish in a couple of years that will give me entry to a better career. Things are so weird at the moment though it's hard to know which direction to go in.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Sooo what do you think of Christopher Gorham? Razz If you don't know who he is, he's the guy who plays Ben on Out of Practice and he's also on Ugly Betty. Very Happy And I just love him!! I think he's super cute on Out of Practice, but he's also cute on all his other shows! Razz I'm following his career since a few years now and I've seen almost all his tv shows and they are all just amazing, I can't really decide which one of them is my fav! Razz Pretty much all of them got cancelled after just one season though... Rolling Eyes Have you seen any of his other shows too, by any chance? Popular, Jake 2.0, Medical Investigation, Odyssey 5, Harper's Island? Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

I don't think he's hot, but he's very good. He's very good-looking and charming by my tastes usually run to something a bit more macho/older. He's an excellent actor though and I love him in OOP and Ugly Betty. I've never caught any of his other stuff though, are they good?
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 am

Yay, at least you find him really good-looking and charming! Very Happy Cause I hardly know anyone else who thinks so. Razz And yep, he's a really great actor!! Really love him on OOP too and I can't wait to finally see him on Ugly Betty! Very Happy

Yes, his other shows are great too!! Especially Harper's Island and Odyssey 5!! Very Happy But I really love Jake 2.0 and Medical Investigation too. Razz Haven't seen that much of Popular yet though, but I liked what I've seen so far. Smile I think Odyssey 5 is one of those shows you might enjoy too. Smile It's about a group of people (mostly astronauts) who see the world being destroyed while they're in space and they get the opportunity to go back in time for 5 years and try to avoid that from happening! Very Happy It's a really cool show and definitely worth checking out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:58 pm

That does sound cool! I'm going to check it out. I can't believe that some people don't think he's good-looking!
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am

I know!! Neutral And yay, that's great! Very Happy Let me know when you started watching and what you think of it then! Very Happy I'm thinking of re-watching it soon too, but there's just so much I wanna watch. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 pm

I've already started watching! One of the benefits of being an unemployed bum is plenty of time. I've watched a bunch of episodes already. I'm really enjoying it, it's really snappy and smart. I love Paula Marshall and Stockard Channing is the essence of cool, and Christopher of course, Ty Burrell is hilarious as always, Henry Winkler and Jennifer Tilly...well the whole cast really!
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am

Oops, at first I thought you were talking about Odyssey 5, until you mentioned all the actors and actresses. Laughing But that's great you started watching OOP though! Very Happy Gonna watch some eps today too I guess, but I just can't stop watching Friends recently. Razz But from the few eps I've already seen, I can just totally agree with you about the show! Very Happy And yeah, the cast is just awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 pm

LOL Good job you reminded me to check those out!
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:49 am

Hehe. Laughing You're welcome! Wink
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 am

So, how is your hillsish experience going? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Not so good. I was really enjoying it and then I just got really pissed off with all these rich, pretty kids moaning about their non-existent problems. It probably doesn't help that I'm not in a great mood lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: Welcome :: Your first stop-
Jump to: