The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Post your class schedule!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Post your class schedule! Empty
PostSubject: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 am

For the ones among us who are in school Wink

My second to last semester at university will probably look like this! (I still need to get the approval - somewhere beginning of September - but I'm pretty sure this will be approved)

TUESDAY:
15:00 - 18:00 Film Theory

WEDNESDAY:
10:30 - 12:30 Film Narratology
14:00 - 17:00 Filmic Design and Non-Fiction Image Theory

THURSDAY:
12:00 - 14:00 Film Analysis
14:00 - 17:00 Film History and Aesthetics (re-taking this bastard, and I will always be too late because the classes are back-to-back and not even in the same building, great)

It's just 3 days but I think some of those classes are gonna be really hard.. And I have to work on my thesis too, so I'll be busy again! At least now I have ALL Film classes, unlike last year Razz

Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am

Ahhhh, so jealous!!! I want a 3 days week too. Razz Even if you have to work on your thesis then, but it's still cool! Very Happy And that's cool that all classes are Film classes now! Very Happy And it seems like a lot of Master programs have quite less classes, even some Bachelor programs in the last semesters, so hopefully it'll be the same for me in a few years. Razz When I look at that schedule for all the semesters it doesn't really seem like that though except for the very last semester, but oh well. Razz Guess it doesn't really matter in the end anyways that your classes become less while the workload therefore grows so. Razz It's just that I want as less school days as possible so I can spend more days in a row at home. Laughing

My schedule actually looks quite good too as far as I can tell, cause I don't know the exact schedule yet. Well, I do know when all the classes take place, but some classes are a few times a week and I only have to go once...I guess people will be seperated in groups, so I don't know yet when exactly I have to attend some of the classes. Best case scenario I would have 2 classes on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 4 on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday and 2 on Friday with hardly any gaps in between which would be just perfect. Very Happy Worst case scenario...I don't even wanna think about it. Razz So yeah, I'll post my schedule once I know for sure. Smile

As for your Film History and Aesthetics class that really sucks you'll always be late. Neutral I had to laugh for a moment though cause it reminded me of Friends when Ross was always too late for his class too. Laughing LOL You have to try to get their with roller blades too then. Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:38 am

LOL!! Laughing I might try the rollerblades, hahaha. That was so funny on Friends Laughing

Yeah it's still cool I have only 3 days of classes Very Happy. Although I might have to be in the library on the 4th day, and I also noticed I have lots of group work, booo! I hate that. Razz

But yeah, curious to see your schedule Smile
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Can't wait to see your schedule, Danny Boy! Sounds like a lot of classes and a very intense program! I think European (and other non-US universities) have somewhat more rigorous application and admission requirements. Is that true?

Eve - Finally a schedule with ALL Film classes! I hope they will be good for your sake, but I hated Film Theory! It was terrible. I'm so glad I got it over with in 6 weeks. The instructor was excellent (he's Austrailian), but the first half of the class was SO dry and boring! Some of the last few weeks weren't so bad, though. Feminist psychoanalytic theory and queer theory were interesting to some extent at least. Film Narratology actually sounds like an interesting class. One of my friends who has her MFA in Screenwriting wants to get her Ph.D in that (or something like it) eventually. And the Non-Fiction Image one sounds kinda interesting too. The Film History, Film Analysis and Film Theory classes seem like they would be pretty dry, though.

Oh, and 3 days of classes! Lucky! But that was my summer school schedule. Haha. Though I haven't had classes on Fridays since high school, so I can't complain!

Umm, okay... here's my schedule:

MONDAYS

Avant Garde Film 9:30 - 11 AM (Lecture)
Art and Meditation 4 - 7 PM (Lecture/Discussion/Studio)

TUESDAYS

Beginning Screenwriting 9 AM - 12 PM (Lecture/Workshop)

WEDNESDAYS

Avant Garde Film 9:30 - 11 AM (Lecture)
Art and Meditation 4 - 7 PM (Lecture/Discussion/Studio)
Avant Garde Film 7:30 - 9:30 PM (Screening)

So, as I've said here, the Comparative Lit class is an alternative in case I don't get into Screenwriting. If I got into Screenwriting, I would still need my R1B requirement, but I can take any R1B class from any department, not just Comparative Literature, so I might take a Film R1B class next semester if I do end up in Screenwriting. 3 classes plus my internship is enough for me. I don't need to be in 4, but I just need the solid 12 units and each class is 4 units so there ya go. I'll find out if I got into Screenwriting on Thursday! Also, I listed 2 times cuz the morning section is the Beginning class and the afternoon section is the Advanced class. Since I have previous scriptwriting experience, I don't know which class I'll get into, if at all.

SCHEDULE EDITED.

Last edited by trucherrygirl on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:25 am

I really hope you get into the Screenwriting class, Lara!! Crossing my fingers here! Wink

My schedule even seems a little boring to me, I have to admit.. Laughing I think lots of dry theory indeed. Oh well. I'm used to it Razz. Next semester should be better at least. Cuz this semester I have mostly requiered classes (except Film narratology and Film analysis), next semester are all electives.

Oh yeah I forgot to add the screening for Film History too, on Thursday night... But I hope I don't have to watch too many of the same movies as last year... I can't stand to watch Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari again, or Battleship Potemkin. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Shocked I probably won't watch it again anyway.. Mehhh. Old movies kinda suck Laughing (okay, not ALL of them)
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Ugh, those classes are so boring! I'll be done with all of my Film requirements this semester and my minor, so all I'll need is my R1B requirement, 2 semesters of a foreign language and Film electives! Also, if I get that NBC internship, I can get 3 units of Film elective credit counted towards my major, so yay. I'm eagerly anticipating a lighter load next Fall.

Oh, and... I GOT INTO BEGINNING SCREENWRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schedule edited. No class on Thursdays and Fridays FOR THE WIN!! Very Happy

This semester is my "fun" semester. Next semester will be boring again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 am

@Eve
Yeah, I hate group work too. Hopefully I won't have to work too much in groups. Neutral

@Lara
Yeah, I guess it's kind of intense and lots of classes, but I've seen much worse, especially at universities I think, so my schedule is still okay I guess. Smile I've seen a few really easy schedules with less classes, but I think those are actually quite rare in Germany...you guys are so spoiled in the US, seems like a lot of people over there don't have thaaaat many classes or am I wrong? Razz And yep, we have some really rigorous application and admission requirements, but it just depends on how popular the program is. Apparently there aren't too many people who want to study media informatics so everyone who applies gets in. Razz I was still afraid I wouldn't though cause this year we'e had twice as many applicants due to some changes, so I was afraid they would have to set a limit this year for my program too, but luckily that wasn't the case. Smile

The kind of program you both are studying are sooo popular here, I sooo would have never had a chance...if I had applied in Austria on the other hand I would have gotten in for sure like one of my classmates, but I really didn't want to move that for so... and I must say as disappointed as I was at first that I couldn't study that, I'm actually glad now cause I think those things that would bore me about your program would bore me much more than the few things that bore me about media informatics...I mean if I could study tv shows now that would be awesome but I'm really not that much into movies and since it's a film program and therefore mostly focuses on movies and especially old movies that would just be kinda boring for me I think. Razz I mean if both of you even say that some classes are really dry, then I definitely would feel the same way. Razz So I guess there's just more interesting classes for me in media informatics than if I studied film. Razz But how much do you actually talk about tv shows in your classes, I'm curious about that now? Razz Wish there was a program mostly focusing on tv shows...but I guess that would still be too popular that I couldn't get in here anyways. Razz

But damn you both are so lucky that you both just have a 3 days week...*jealous*. Razz And wow, no classes on fridays since high school! I wish I had no classes on fridays at least...but at least I just have two and they end quite early so...Razz

Anyway, gonna post my exact schedule next week then, I think I should find out then in which groups I'm gonna be in. Smile Next week is some kind of information/orientation week so. Smile Classes start the week after.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Okay, so I have a pretty good schedule (all things considered), even though I really don't want to take Spanish and would rather take American Sign Language, but that's how it goes! Rolling Eyes

SPRING 2011 SCHEDULE

MONDAYS

Film Genre: Musicals and Noir 12:30 - 2 PM (Lecture)
Spanish 1A: Elementary Spanish 6:30 - 8:45 PM (Lecture) thru Berkeley City College

TUESDAYS

Disability Memoir 11 AM - 12:30 PM (Lecture)
Film Genre: Musicals and Noir 4:30 - 7 PM (Screening)

WEDNESDAYS

Film Genre: Musicals and Noir 12:30 - 2 PM (Lecture)
Spanish 1A: Elementary Spanish 6:30 - 8:45 PM (Lecture) thru Berkeley City College

THURSDAYS

Disability Memoir 11 AM - 12:30 PM

Not included in my schedule is my 10 hour a week paid internship since I just put in hours whenever I can and the online Screenwriting workshop I'm doing with my professor and some classmates from last semester. My professor couldn't get us any units for it, so those of us who want to participate in workshop and keep working on our scripts and give feedback on other scripts are just doing what we can. I just find a random hour or half an hour here and there to write, if only to just keep working on my movie script cuz I wanna finish it! Better than nothing!

Classes left to take:
- Spanish 1B and 2A (hopefully will take them this summer and this coming fall, but if not, then I will take the classes next fall and next spring, but still "walk" in commencement this May)
- 1 more Film elective to be taken Fall 2011 (preferably Advanced Screenwriting if I can get in)

Almost done! Finally! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:42 am

@ Lara: Seems like you're busy! But that Film Genre class sounds really interesting! Almost done! Yay Wink

My second semester starts on February 15 but oh well, this is my schedule:

TUESDAY:
10:30-12:30 Film and Television Genres

WEDNESDAY:
3PM - 7 PM Screenwriting (Seminar)

THURSDAY:
9 AM - 12 AM Radio and Television Studies
2 PM - 4 PM World Cinema
4 PM - 6 PM Modern and Contemporary Film Movements

Thursdays are gonna kill me! And not mentioned in it is my Thesis which I need to finish this semester. AHH! I haven't done that much yet so I need to speed that up too! Wow.. Is it Summer yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

@Eve - Yeah, I'm super busy! Musicals and Noir class is pretty awesome. Good professor. We were talking about the musical "Meet Me in St. Louis" and the professor was talking about "characters that suddenly burst into song like in the Buffy musical episode..." That made me smile. Very Happy Already squeezing internship work and homework in-between classes! Rolling Eyes Excited to be almost done, though, but really aggravated that this foreign language requirement is in my way! I mean, I COULD take Spanish 2 at Berkeley if Spanish 1B isn't offered this summer and then take Spanish 2A at community college again in the fall. But truthfully, if the community college doesn't offer Spanish 1B, I'm just gonna take the summer off to focus on my current internship (or the NBC one if I get it), take Spanish 1B in the fall, then Spanish 2A in the spring. But I can still "graduate" this May. SO complicated!

I NEED SCRIPTWRITING TIME!! GRRR!!

Screenwriting and anything with the word "Television" in it? Damn, I'm jealous! Film and TV Genres and Radio and TV Studies sound AMAZING, even if they are analytical. Screenwriting goes without saying! Wink I want to read your script when you're done! If it's in English, lol.

Wait... can't you do your thesis in the summer? I'm confused!
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am

My script will be in Dutch! Sorry Wink
At least I'm pretty sure we have to write in Dutch. The only class I'm taking in English is the Radio and Television Studies one.

Sounds totally complicated with your Spanish classes and graduating, haha! But I'm sure you can do it!

I can do my Thesis over the Summer too. I either need to turn it in in June or August. Gonna try for June, but if I don't succeed it's not too bad! Wanna pass my classes too of course. And I heard only 30% turns it in in June, most students go for August. *shrug* We'll see! Taking a few days off now (finally done with exams!) and then gonna work on it again.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Awww, damn! Do you know what program you'll be using? Cuz I'm pretty sure you can write in any language with Celtx. With Final Draft (the expensive pricey software that I have), I just checked and while most templates are in US English, there are also BBC templates and templates in French, Spanish and German. Also, Celtx is free, so that's why I'm thinking you might use that for your class.

I wanna be in scriptwriting again! My professor is a goddess on Earth! *whines*

Thanks! Another reason I don't want to take Spanish at Berkeley at all? Both summers and regular semesters have classes every day, which means I'd have class on Fridays. Umm, I'll pass on that option if I can avoid it!

I'd say turn in your thesis in August! Less stress for the semester and then you'll have the summer to focus on it and re-watch a bunch of your favorite sitcoms! Wink

Do your Ph.D! I know you said no, but it's gonna make me sad that I'll probably be the only one posting in this thread this coming fall semester. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:12 pm

I have no about the program. Guess I'm gonna have to wait until the class starts!

Hehe I was already wondering why you're not taking Spanish at Berkeley. But damn every day is so much! So you can just transfer your credits from Berkeley City College then? Then I'd do that too..

I dunno about my Thesis. Cuz I'm going to Mexico in July, so either way I won't have much time over the Summer. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks to work on it.. Which should be enough though, if I work a lot on it this semester as well, which I plan on doing. So I'll just see how it goes! I wanna make sure I feel good about it, and if I don't feel good about it in June, I'll definitely wait until August. I'm not sure if/when we need to decide about that though, hmmm...

Haha nooo sorry I'm not gonna do that! But hey, next semester you'll just have one class left, right?! That's practically nothing! Wink
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Let me know which program you're using! Super curious!

Yeah, every day IS a lot for me and I really want off of school on Fridays (I need it, I'm serious), so this just works better for me. My film adviser doesn't care where I take the class. So I can take any foreign language (except sign language) at university or community college level as long as I go up to one intermediate level class (which, in this case, is 3 semesters). Berkeley has foreign language classes that meet every day for about an hour, which isn't bad. I just need my Fridays off! So that's why I chose to take the Berkeley City College class instead. I just need the credits. I'm not even taking the class for a letter grade. I'm taking it Pass/Not Pass.

Oooohhh, Mexico! Where in Mexico? Yeah, it just seems better to have until August to work on a thesis. How many pages does it have to be?

After this semester, I'll have 2 more semesters of Spanish and 1 film class left, so 2 classes in the fall semester. If I somehow can't take Spanish in the summer, then I'll officially be done by Spring 2012, but my film major adviser doesn't seem to care.
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:09 am

About Mexico; going to southern Mexico. Landing in Mexico City and then go south/west, flying back from Cancun.

That kind of sucks you might still be in college for another year then... But if it's just 1 class it won't be too bad!

My Thesis has to be 10,000 words, which actually isn't that much cuz I know in some majors you have to write muuuuch longer ones. But still, pfff Razz. For now I've just done a lot of research, made my table of contents, wrote my research questions etc. Gonna start the actual writing next week.

I just read on Blackboard that for Screenwriting class we have an event to go to in Brussels. It's a Q&A with the writers of a Belgian show. Too bad I've never seen the show... haha. But before the Q&A they screen the pilot, so..

Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Ahhh, that is so awesome! I've been to both Cancun and Ensenada. How long will you be in Mexico for?

Yeah, it won't be too bad after this semester. This semester is already KILLING me. I had my first Spanish exam this past week and I have a 5-8 page Disability Memoir paper due the first week of March plus another Spanish exam at the end of February, I think. Plus work for my internship, which is a lot of research and I'll need to write a report up at some point in the coming months. The little free time I do have is spent scriptwriting - either working on my new Community script idea or on my feature-length screenplay. My goal is to submit to some big TV writing and screenplay competitions this year and the programs start opening up in spring/summer (April thru end of June for most). *fingers crossed*

Wow, that is still work, though. Seems like a lot of work! At least you've gotten started. I always find that to be the hardest part. Are you still writing about sitcoms? I sent you an article that might help you. My major doesn't require a thesis, but if I had a 3.5 GPA or higher I could do an Honors Film thesis (mostly critical, not creative), but since my GPA isn't that high, I don't know the details of what that entails.

OMG! *jealous* That sounds like an amazing event you're going to for your Screenwriting class! Let me know how it goes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:56 am

Last semester at UC Berkeley EVER! Shocked Here we go...

FALL 2011 SCHEDULE

MONDAYS

Elementary Spanish: Spanish 1B 6:30-8:45 PM (Lecture) thru Berkeley City College

TUESDAYS

Advanced Screenwriting 1-4 PM (Lecture/Workshop)
Women in Television DeCal 5-7 PM (Screening/Discussion)

WEDNESDAYS

Elementary Spanish: Spanish 1B 6:30-8:45 PM (Lecture) thru Berkeley City College

No classes on Thursdays or Fridays this semester. I was taking a GRE (Graduate Record Exam) class through Kaplan, but it was only a 4 week course and it finished already. Now I just have to set a GRE test date! But I have plenty to do with taking the GRE, filling out grad school applications and asking for letters of recommendation and such. If I don't get accepted to grad school or decide not to go write away, I'd like to do some kind of certificate or non-degree post-baccalaureate program. My internship is also ending soon, and after working there for the last 1.5 years, they do not have the funding to keep me on as an intern or otherwise in a paid position. So I need to find a job, too! I'd LOVE something in the arts/media and disability non-profit world. Gotta keep looking, I guess...
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Enrolled in my last class for my Bachelor's degree! Shocked

TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS

Intermediate Spanish: Spanish 2A 6:30-8:45 PM (Lecture) at Berkeley City College

I can't believe it! I'm applying to graduate school, but next semester I have to look for a 20-40 hour a week job or something. I don't know if I'm ready to officially leave school, so I hope I get accepted to film school next year, so I can go! Although on the job front, I'd prefer something in the non-profit area, especially in the arts/media fields as well as something disability rights related.

My alternate academic plan if I don't get into film school is to reapply for the following year and also apply to the Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling program at SF State. I also figured out I would really like to do something with teaching/counseling in addition to writing.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:33 pm

I got accepted into the Master of Arts in Screenwriting Program at Cal State Northridge (San Fernando Valley, basically Northern LA) and I will be starting my first semester as a grad student on Monday. This program has mostly night classes (but a few of the electives are late afternoon classes) because it's been designed to accommodate working adults. I'm only taking 2 classes for my first semester, but next semester I hope to take 3 classes. It is a 2 year program. Excited to start! Smile

FALL 2012 SCHEDULE

MONDAYS

History, Theory and Aesthetics of Cinema 7-9:45 PM (Lecture)

TUESDAYS

Foundations in Screenwriting 7-9:45 PM (Workshop)

Future Plans: After I get my MA, I'd like to get another Masters in either Creative Writing (Fiction) or Counseling/Counseling Psychology/Rehabilitation Counseling since I am interested in counseling and mentoring people with disabilities in addition to writing (I know I've posted this before). I'm also strongly considering getting a Ph.D in Disability Studies, hopefully at UIC or York University in Canada.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Nice work Lara! Best of luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks, Kev! Very Happy

Here's my schedule for next semester, which I believe starts on the 22nd of January.

SPRING 2013 SCHEDULE

MONDAYS

Contemporary Film Analysis 7-9:45 PM

TUESDAYS

Graduate Screenwriting Seminar 7-9:45 PM

THURSDAYS

Writing Episodic Television (Drama) 7-9:45 PM

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT TAKING TV WRITING NEXT SEMESTER!! FINALLY!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your class schedule!   Post your class schedule! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your class schedule!
Page 1 of 1