The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Script Frenzy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kev

kev

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 am

Script Frenzy
Here's a writing challenge: write a 100-page script in 30 days. It can be for a play, movie, TV show, whatever you want to imagine that requires a script to be performed. But it has to be a minimum of 100 pages long, and you only have the month of April to write it.

I've tried this before... and didn't manage to get very far. For some reason, the months of April, when Script Frenzy happens, and November, when NaNoWriMo happens, coincide with really busy times in my life and even though I may have had The Most Wonderful Idea I've Ever Had For A Story... I just don't have the time to pull it off.

But I'm planning to try again this year. Anybody else here ever try? Has anybody here ever managed to make it all the way through to win?

Here's the website for more information, or to register: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm put in mind of the thread on TV shows that should never have been canceled - why not write a script that continues the storyline, or wraps up a cliffhanger ending? What about a "lost" episode that never officially happened, but you would have liked it to have happened?

post copied from here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any aspiring writers want to give it a shot?
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 am

I definitely wouldn't have the time, but seems nice. I think Lara might enter?

Already doing weekly writing exercises for my Screenwriting seminar class, so that's enough on top of all my other work, haha.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm signed up with the site, but I already told my ML (the person who's in charge of the write-in events in SoCal) that I won't be starting a new project for this. I'm not in touch with the NorCal group up here. I just can't. I don't have the time. Plus, yeah, April and November are really busy months and I'm just way too overwhelmed this semester.

I may use it to just continue working on my feature-length screenplay (30 pages in, 70-ish pages to go) or outline/start writing my TV drama pilot idea. I have a bunch of "not yet started" and "maybe" script ideas that I have as a list that I keep on the front of my scriptwriting binder, but who knows if those will happen? So I have 2 "in-progress," 2 "not yet started but intended" and 4 "maybes."

It would be a dream to write a Tru Calling spec script, but I feel like writing it would be a waste of time. Writing scripts for cancelled shows just doesn't count. Although one professional TV writer I'm familiar with isn't fundamentally against it. It's just better to keep up with current shows.

I recently finished writing a Community script (1st draft, 26 pages) and from idea to outline to first draft took me about a month to write. Not bad considering all of the other crap I have to do! Just have to make revisions to get it ready for scriptwriting competitions and grad school. Austin Film Festival and LMU, get ready!

Next projects: continuing my feature-length screenplay and outlining/writing my TV drama pilot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Sponsored content

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Script Frenzy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Board :: The board :: The Cafe-
Jump to: