The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eliza movies

Go down 
+3
kryptic_evil
Truefan
SlayerBitch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

So last week I was looking around in Mediamarkt and I came across a few Eliza movies that I didn't even know where out here! (Sex and Breakfast, Nobel Son, The Alphabet Killer)

I was wondering if they were worth buying, as I'm not really an Eliza fan anymore but I still appreciate some of her work... I've only seen Sex and Breakfast (which I won't buy cuz I've seen it), but how about those other 2? Are they any good?

I guess we can make it a general Eliza movie topic if you want. Smile
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Good for me Very Happy
I liked The Alphabet Killer, not great though, in my opinion. And Nobel Son, well, my expectations on that movie were so hiiiigh, but I didn't enjoyed as much as i would like...I think the movie should last 1 hour less lol but some details are funny...
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Still haven't seen Nobel Son and Sex and Breakfast yet, but I loved The Alphabet Killer! Very Happy I guess I also liked it enough that I would actually buy it on DVD, but I still won't since I wanna cut back on buying movies. Razz

But anyway, I can give you a link where you can watch it for free. Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You need to hurry watching it though, cause they're switching the free movies each month, often around the 3rd of the month or so, so you still have like one week to watch it. Wink

I also downloaded Nobel Son from there back then (I think I had also posted it on the old forum at that time) but I still haven't seen it. Laughing

But I agree with you even if I'm also not really an Eliza fan anymore, I still appreciate some of her work as well. I'm actually always curious to see her new movies, even if I'm taking my time with that, but eventually I always watch them sooner or later and if I wasn't cutting back on buying movies I'd probably buy a lot of them as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 am

God, Sex and Breakfast is so bad. That's one of those movies where you end up wanting the last 90 minutes back. Eliza looks absolutely gorgeous in it though.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Haven't seen Nobel Son and Sex and Breakfast either. I've even forgotten about the second one. What was it about/like?
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:12 am

Haha, I didn't really hate Sex and Breakfast, but that was probably just because of Eliza and Alexis Dziena. It's been a long time since I've seen it and I wouldn't watch it again. I think it was about two couples having troubles in their sex life, going to counceling and wanting to do a partner switch, or something like that. It's really not that good, though. Laughing

I don't think I'll buy the others then, maybe just watch them online or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:19 am

I think you should watch them first, and if you like them and want to keep them, then maybe buy them....
Didn0t liked much S&B either despite ELiza looks beautiful in the movie and Alexis D and Kuno B are gorgeous... But the movie, well, not so good in my opinion... I think it happened the same to me with Nobel Son, Eliza and Bryan G. look so sexy and beautiful but the movie is kinda meh at the end....
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:31 am

Ah well. It's always been true that Eliza has not gotten good movie parts Sad
Back to top Go down
tru

tru

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:46 am

I've never seen Sex and Breakfest and Nobel son, but i see Open Graves last week. I find that Eliza's metamorphosis in the end is great!! Even though the film is not obvious to follow, i loved this mixture between Jumanjii and Final Destination.
Eliza is part of surfers' band which discover a game called Mamba. A game makes from bones and from skin of a sorceress carried out during Spanish inquisition. Besides in the film, we meet a some point in the horrible time of the 15th century at the time when heresy was condemned. We see the sorceress being tortured. And they see that game is fabricated from the bones and from the skin. We meet then at present in Spain. During a watered party, surfers' band on which Eliza, decide to play it and realise that this game is baleful and causes death therefore. The loser dies every time in extreme suffering. Those who stay have to restart dices and try to bring him back. It reminds you of Jumanjii? Yes, except that the survivors have to lead a race against the clock, not to say against death. The death here, the mowing machine, is represented by a dragonfly. Throughout the film it is seen appearing. They know that if she is seen, death is not far.

I spend a good time with this movie.

I hope you understand my english and you can read me
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://lez-echanges.com/
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:01 pm

We can read you and understand you perfectly, baby!! Very Happy Your english is good Wink
As you say, I find the movie very similar to Jumanji and to Final destination in some senses. I enjoyed the movie, specially cause it brings sweet memories to me, and Eliza looks soooo pretty in it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tru

tru

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:11 pm

[/quote]We can read you and understand you perfectly, baby!! Very Happy Your english is good Wink

So much the better

Regarding Open Graves, I would have wanted to attend the premiere of the film in the festival of Espona in Spain last year, but I could not and I regret it. I wait for the release in France
Back to top Go down
http://lez-echanges.com/
Juan
Admin
Juan

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 pm

We were about to go as well, but in the end we couldn't (I had to work)

As for Sex & Breakfast... Well, it's plain and simple crap. The movie's completely hollow and the script's bad. The conversations are too forced and the camera looks too cheap... I know it's an opera prima, and everything, but "Tesis" was also Amenabar's first work and it was recorded with so small resources, and it turned out fantastic (if you haven't watched it, I really recommend it), so that's no excuse at all.

About Open Graves... Well, the movie's not the best in the century, but it definitely makes you enjoy a nice time while watching it. And as you can see, it's always open to discussion and different views, which is always great.

I totally agree about Eliza's character metamorphosis, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eliza movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eliza movies   Eliza movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eliza movies
Page 1 of 1