The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Empty
PostSubject: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 am

I watched the pilot of the show and liked, and as i love fantasy books/universes, Juan bought me the 2 first books and now I am in the 7th. I liked the books, but it's getting on my nerves the massacre they are making in the show.
Does anybody else read them and is watching the show?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 am

I watched the first episode of Legend of the Seeker, but I could not seem to get into it and didn't watch any more than that.

I have not read the books at all, though if you are saying they are much better than the tv show, then they sound like something I might like to look at.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:45 am

I didn't think the books looked interesting. So I never picked them up. As for the show, I've seen some of it. I have no idea how close it is to the books, but tend to think it probably isn't. The show isn't very good as a whole. I don't care if I see it or not.
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

PostSubject: Re: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 am

I haven't read the books yet, but I'm watching the show. I agree the show's not good, but it's the only fantasy oriented show besides Merlin I actually know, and I guess that's the reason I'm watching it.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 am

The show totally sucks compared to the books.

The books are not a masterpiece, but I find them entertaining, specially cause they are fantasy books not for kids at all and that's a thing to appreciate. And they develop a pretty interesting universe with pretty interesting characters (the worse characters are the main couple) that get totally destroyed in the show... There is a very beautiful and important storyline happening in the Palace of Prophets, which takes place in at least 4 books and in the show it's been in one ep and in a totally silly way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker   The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sword of Truth vs Legend of the seeker
Page 1 of 1