The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update from Louisa

Go down 
+3
SlayerBitch
trucherrygirl
Louisa
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

So, I've been mostly missing for months. But that does not mean that I have been sitting around doing nothing.

As some of you know, I write fanfiction and have done for years. Well, this year I decided to get myself into gear and concentrate on my original fiction. I made a new year resolution to have something submitted to a publisher by the end of this year.

Well, when I saw an open call from an online publisher for Halloween stories for their upcoming anthology I just wrote and wrote and wrote.

Then I edited, re-wrote, edited again and finally, yesterday I plucked up the courage to submit it to the publisher.

Today I got an email back. My story has been accepted for publication.

I am in total shock that the first story I have ever submitted to a publisher has been accepted. I was so prepared for a rejection, or at best, some tips for how to improve the story for possible re-submission.

I am grinning like a maniac here since as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a writer. And now I finally feel like I am.

I still have a lot of stories to complete and work on and submit for (hopefully) publication as well. So, I can't promise to be around a lot.

But I at least hope that people will accept that I have been utilising my free time in a good way, even if it means I am not around here as much.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

OMG! That's great news! Congratulations!! Getting published feels great, doesn't it?! Wink

Will your story be available online anywhere so that non-UK fans can see it? Cuz I'd LOVE to read it! Very Happy

CONGRATS AGAIN!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

LOL. Yes, it feels wonderful.

It is actually an online publisher based in the US though the registered office is in South Africa. So, not much to do with the UK at all. Their books/ebooks are available from the site itself as well as numerous online stores, including Amazon I beleve, so it should be available to most people in most countries.

And thanks.
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Wow Louisa, congrats! Must take a lot of courage and work, but at least all the effort is paying off, right? Very Happy I can't wait to read it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks.

I am still pretty much stunned with my good luck. Makes all these months of writing in every spare minute I have worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Sounds great. Who's the publisher and when will it be available? Can you linky?
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 am

Well, the anthology is a Halloween one and is scheduled for release on the 30th October - so not long to wait for it to come out.

The publisher is Silver Publishing. They are pretty new and focus on ebooks of the romance genre.

You can find them here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Should warn you that they do publish some controversial genres as well. Though the only slightly controversial aspect of my own story is that it is male/male. And no, I would not expect anyone who does not read or like the genre, or who is easily offended, to read my story.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 am

Well, I'm not really interested in reading romance or m/m pairings. But congrats anyways.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

YAY!!! Congrats, Louisa!!!! Very Happy I'm really happy for you!! Very Happy That's awesome news! Very Happy I sooo sooo can't wait to read it! Very Happy Hahaha, I'm gonna be your first buyer! Razz I'm soooooo gonna buy it once they release it! Wink

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks Kev, I wouldn't have expected you to be interested in it, and like I said, I wouldn't expect anyone to read it if it was not something they were going to enjoy.

Kryptic - thanks and sending you a PM shortly.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Did you find writing m/m a particular challenge?
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

That's so cool! I'll definitely read it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:26 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Great news!!! I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you, sweetie!!!!!!! And veeeery happy for yo!!! And i think you totally deserve it! Your stories (and I read some of them) are totally amazing, I think one of the best fanfic I read, even better than some official novels!
Have you stop screaming already? Very Happy
I can't wait to read it either!!! I'm gonna buy too it once they release it!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:53 am

@ Kev - at first yes. In fact my first m/m story was for a "write something you have never tried before" challenge in a forum. But then it got a lot easier. But I write a lot of genres anyway, so often flit between one and another.

Thanks Diana.

Now, I just this minute got the first edits for the story from my editor, so I better go see what she has to say about my story.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:56 pm

YAY! Fantastic! I'll keep an eye out for it.
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks. I'll probably post closer to the release date with more details. It should be coming out on the 30th October, so not long to wait really.
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 am

Sorry for the double post, but I just got my book cover today and wanted to share.

It turned out that the Halloween releases are coming out as separate books instead of a single anthology and they all have the same cover art. This is mine.

The artist for Silver Publishing is just amazing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 am

Nice artwork. cheers
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:14 am

Oooh, great cover art indeed! Loving it! Very Happy And that's great that the Halloween releases will all come out as a single book, yay! Very Happy So can't wait to read it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 am

I wouldn't ever expect anything less from Reese. She is truly amazing as an artist and the details she includes in her work are astounding.

You can see her portfolio on her website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

She does a lot of covers and bearing in mind the volume she must have to do, she does stunning work on them all.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Just had a look at her portfolio and I have to agree, she does some great work in general! Very Happy

I'll definitely keep her in mind for my own book cover, though I think I'll still try to make one on my own some time. Smile
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Wow, your book cover is GORGEOUS!! OMG, that's amazing! I looked at the other book covers she's designed too. She definitely knows her stuff. WOW.

How many pages is your story if you don't mind me asking? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:15 am

I don't know how many pages but it is between 20,000 and 25,000 words. 25k was the limit for the submissions so I had to keep it below that. It is still in editing at the moment so I am not sure what the final word count will be.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:57 am

Oh!! The covert looks great!! Very Happy Aren't you jumping and screaming all excited? I am so excited for you!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

I am trying to keep my enthusiasm to mild squeeing. But I can't help but keep grinning every time I see the cover.

Just had a message about the publishers getting all their titles translated into Spanish. I didn't know about that, but it sounds like even though they are fairly new they are getting the word out about their books all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update from Louisa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update from Louisa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next