The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update from Louisa

Go down 
+3
SlayerBitch
trucherrygirl
Louisa
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Louisa

Louisa

Update from Louisa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 am

Went to check out SPs new releases this morning and my name has been added to the drop down menu. And Touch of a Ghost is officially listed as "coming soon".

Woohoo!

I have asked them to change my name from Louisa Brown to L M Brown since I write under the latter and don't want to confuse people, but it is amazingly exciting to see the listing with the ISBN and an actual price. Somehow it seems even more real now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:10 am

Oooh, cool cool!! Very Happy That must be a great feeling indeed to see your name and book listed now!! Very Happy And that's cool you're writing under L M Brown, I think it always sounds cool when authors use the initials of their first two names. Very Happy Not so sure it would sound that cool with mine...D C Meyer...hmmmm... Neutral Razz Anyway, hope they will change it for you, but they surely will! Very Happy Oh and may I ask what the M stands for? Wink *curious* Very Happy My C stands for Chris. Smile

And I'm glad I can pay via PayPal there! Very Happy Been wondering about that for a while but always forgot to check on their site. Razz

Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't change it. I suspect they took my name from my emails and didn't match up the details with the cover. It will surely be quicker to change the site than the cover.

I went with my initials since the firm I work for is very stuffy and I don't really want them to accidentally find me online. Though it would be one hell of a fluke if they did, I would rather not take the chance. Goodness, if they found out I had a potential second income I would have even less chance of getting a raise than I do now. I was going to have a total pen name, but anything I came up with has already been used in the last fifty years by one writer or another. In the end I gave up and figured that I'd go with my initials.

And the M stands for Margaret. Nothing particularly interesting or anything.

D C Meyer sounds fine to me.

Yes, that site takes PayPal, in fact most of the publishers I buy from do. I use it all the time. When it is actually released though it is filtered out to other online stores as well. I don't know if it is on the release day or within the next month (though I suspect the latter) including Amazon, which will no doubt be the most familiar store for most people.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow, I echo that. Must be an amazing feeling to be a published author and have those dreams become reality! Congratulations again! That book cover is incredibly seductive and I'm not usually a fan of gay romance. HOT indeed, though. Wink

I'll probably buy it when it comes out on Amazon, if that's OK. Not sure if I've ever used PayPal before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:59 am

The cover looks really nice!
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 am

Lara, the cover itself is for all of the releases for Halloween including male/female ones, so it is not specifcally designed with male/male pairings in mind.

I certainly wouldn't expect you to buy it if you didn't think you were going to enjoy it. I didn't post about it here to try to drum up sales. I only posted as I consider people here to be my friends and wanted to share my good news, and also offer an explanation of why I have been MIA for so long.

And yes, it does feel amazing. I have dreamed about being a writer since I was in school. It is only my own laziness and habit of procrastination that have kept me from achieving that ambition.

If I were to die tomorrow, I would die happy because I know that I have fulfilled my life's ambition, and it is a really wonderful feeling.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:31 pm

I like reading the writing of authors that I know or have come to know. I know a few published writers who are friends or family members and I always try and support them. So of course I'll check out your story! It's like it's own little book. That is so cool. My cousin is a published author and she writes historical erotic romance fiction. Just checked her website and apparently she went to Belgium for some romance writers conference! Awesome.

Are you going to be working on a novel next or more short stories? Are you participating in NaNo this year? What will you be writing?

I posted on their forums, but I still don't know if I will be participating. I have lots of creative projects and writing to do for my classes this semester (surprise, surprise! Usually it's analytical bullshit) and my internship has me doing a lot of writing and stuff as well. I do have an idea for a short story that could possibly become a novel, though I was intending it for my school's literature and arts magazine. Still getting published, which is always an great feeling as you know! Wink

However, I'm more of a Script Frenzy kinda girl. But that's just me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:41 pm

I am almost certainly doing NaNo again this year. I am probably going to be doing a sequel to one of my fanfic stories as I sort of promised that I would if I concentrated on original fiction for the rest of the year. And if I don't do the sequel for NaNo then it will probably never be written.

I have a lot of projects on the go right now including three novels, three novellas and one short story.

Since I think that most people are reluctant to try full length novels from authors they don't know, I am working on the basis of getting known with a couple of short stories at the same time as working on completing my first novel.

I am aiming to get another short story submitted by the end of this year with a novel and a novella (maybe two) by the end of 2011.

No guarantee any of them will be published of course, but that is the plan for now.

Sounds like you are pretty busy too. You'll have to let me know if you are doing NaNo.
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 am

Just a quick update. The short story I mentioned in my last post was submitted to the publisher last week. They are keeping true to the fast turn around on replies and they are going to publish this one as well. Release date is scheduled for mid January!

I am right on course for doing NaNo this year now.
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 am

Nice work. Good luck on the rest.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 am

Wooohooo, that's awesome news!!! Very Happy Congrats!!! Very Happy Well done and keep up the great work!! You can do it!! Wink

And can't wait to read that short story too! Is it also male/male? Razz Not that I wouldn't read it if it wasn't, I definitely will, just curious. Razz
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Sorry. Thought I had replied to this but apparently I must have dreamt it.

Yes, the second story is also male/male. That is actually all my publisher is accepting at the moment. They do publish male/female as well, but they got flooded with those and now need to even things out.

Been super busy with editing and other writing projects (not to mention the evil day job) but things are on track for the January release. Hoping to get a full length novel submitted by the end of next year.
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Since I am rarely here and never really posting much when I am I thought perhaps it might be appropriate to do an official goodbye and then scurry off to another corner of the web. It has been a lot of fun (most of the time) getting to know you all and I wish you all the very best for the future.

For any of you who do want to keep in touch my email is

louisab75 at gmail dot com

I am also on Facebook now, though not with that email address. Since I have really only signed up there for promotional reasons I am using this address.

lmbrownauthor at gmail dot com

Best wishes to you all.

Louisa
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Good luck to you :wave:
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Best wishes if I don't catch up with you at some point! Congrats on the book, it looks fab!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update from Louisa   Update from Louisa - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update from Louisa
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2