The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Daniel's Intro

Go down 
+4
Louisa
kev
Truefan
kryptic_evil
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 am

Hey everyone,
glad to find out that you opened a new forum to give our little community another chance. Very Happy The new forum looks great! Wink And I'm sorry that I just left so suddenly again a few months ago, but like I said sometimes I just really need a break from forums, that has nothing to do with you guys. Razz

And yes, I have a new nickname again. Laughing But I already used that one before "T-Bag's Lover" and somehow I prefered it when I signed up here. Laughing But I also used to be a bigger Robert/T-Bag fan a few months ago I guess. Razz I mean I still am, but I'm not that obsessed anymore now and I've become a huge Milo Ventimiglia and Christian Camargo fan recently too so. Razz

I've also finally started writing my book about a week ago and finished chapter 1 last night. Very Happy I'm really excited about it. Very Happy

Anyway, if you have any more questions, you know the drill. Wink
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 am

So Robert obessed anymore? What about Shawn?
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 am

Well, not that much any more at least. Laughing Though I'm quite sure once I would re-watch Prison Break and see T-Bag again that might change again real quick. Razz So I guess it's just the lack of seeing T-Bag, but I really don't feel like re-watching Prison Break any soon, cause I really don't like the show that much anymore and I still hate the main characters, it's only T-Bag I love, so I'm really not in the hurry to re-watch the show. Razz And seeing Robert on Heroes is great, but it's just not the same anymore. I like Samuel and Samuel and T-Bag do have quite a lot in common actually, but still seeing Robert as Samuel is like seeing a completely different person, which of course is how it's supposed to be and just shows what a great actor Robert is, so it's actually a good thing, but just not enough to keep my obsession alive, especially since T-Bag is just so much better than Samuel. Very Happy So T-Bag's still my fav character on TV of course. Smile But my love for Milo's character's Peter Petrelli and Jess Mariano is really growing a lot too. Razz

As for Shawn, it's pretty much the same as with Robert, there's too much lack of Andrew on DH, so my obsession about him has kinda shrunken as well. Sad But it's no surprise he's hardly ever on DH after he pretty much left the show and I'm more than angry with the way they used Andrew the last time he had a guest appearance. Mad And since there's just not much happening with Shawn in general, that makes me even less obsessed about him on top of that and it's also not exactly motivating to be working on my site right now, which is why I haven't really made any updates recently. I need something new and exciting to get my passion back for him and the site. Neutral
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:35 am

What is your book about? And how do you feel about what you have written so far?
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 am

I'm writing a gay romance novel, so it's a lot about love. But it's not just some usual gay love story, there's something in the story that I can say with 100% certainty no one would ever expect and that is actually the main plot in the end that my book is about and to which I'm slowly leading to, so it's kind of a hidden main plot at first. But the love story is a really important subplot. Smile

I feel really good about what I've written so far. Very Happy I'm especially satisfied with the structure. I'm trying to make it as confusing and intriguing as possible without giving away too much while I'm slowly leading to the "hidden" main plot and I think I've done a good job at that so far. Smile I'm also okay with my writing style I guess, at least when it comes to descriptions, feelings and thoughts, but I'm not too keen on it when it comes to longer conversations though as I feel that it sounds a bit too monotonous after a while, which has always been my biggest weakness, but I can always edit that later, so it's not really my biggest concern right now. So overall I'm quite satisfied with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 am

That's what counts in the end, you feeling good about what you write, right?

Btw, I've been watching recently Vampire diaries, I am in ep 7 now and it got pretty interesting in this ep Very Happy You still following it?
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

Sounds good. Have you read similar books so that you have a feel for the way it goes? Do you write in German or English?
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi *waves*

If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to give me a yell. I am actually writing the same genre at the moment, though at the moment I am sticking to short stories, novellas and leaving the longer novels alone - all burnt out after my 400k word fanfic finally got finished. Mine always have a paranormal twist to them as well though - merfolk, ghosts, time travel and the like.
Back to top Go down
Juan
Admin
Juan

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey, Dan.

How are you doing? Glad you decided to re-join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm

@ Diana
Exactly! Very Happy

And glad to hear you also like VD now, cause I'm quite sure you didn't like it at first or was that Juan only? Razz And yes, of course I'm still watching it and I'm still loving it just as much! Very Happy And I agree, ep 7 was really cool, but they pretty much all are! Very Happy

@ Kev
No, actually I haven't read any books that are similar. There are no books that I know of that are any like mine. Which is what always bugged me, cause I always wanted to read about or watch such a storyline on tv but there was never really anything like it, which encouraged me even more to write my book finally so I could write something that had never been there before which I always wanted to do anyways. Smile But I still have a feeling for the way it goes cause I've had this idea on my mind now since years. It was hard to really think everything through those past few months though. Well, but there once was a storyline on a tv show (won't say which one though Razz) that reminded me of my idea, but in the end it went into a totally different direction though which was kinda sad since I was really excited about it, but it was kind obvious to me right from the beginning though that it would go into a totally different direction and in the end I'm actually relieved about that anyways, otherwise my idea wouldn't feel that original anymore. Laughing
Well, and to be honest I haven't even read any gay books yet (even though there are a few I'm interested in since a while now), but I had a lot of practice writing gay scenes while rping and playing T-Bag & Andrew and reading a few gay fanfics so I think I have a feeling for that as well. Smile
And I'm writing in English since it just sounds so much better. No matter what I'm writing in German, everything just sounds to weird and wrong to me and it's so much easier for me to put feelings and stuff in words in English. Smile I do have to check some words every once in a while, but that's okay. Sometimes I wish did know more English slang or how to put some things in English though since I can't always find a translation, but oh well...I'm working on that, it can just get better. Smile

@ Louisa
Hey!! Very Happy Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind! Very Happy And that's great you're writing the same genre! Very Happy I just love gay stories! Very Happy And I totally know how you feel, I was totally burnt out after rping for a whole year, pretty much every day for hours...I really needed a huge break after that and was still burnt out until a few weeks ago, but now I think I've finally recovered from that, haha! Very Happy And paranormal twists are always great! Makes me even more curious about your short story now! Very Happy Mine kind of has a paranormal twist too, but I don't want to go too much into that direction though. But then I haven't made up my mind for sure yet though since I'm pretty much keeping the paranormal twist for the end for which I have a few ideas, but I can't really decide yet which one to choose. But I think I still tend not to go too much into the paranormal direction and I still kinda of want to put it in a way that it is up to the reader to decide in the end whether it's paranormal or not. Smile LOL Let's just hope we don't have the same ideas, but that's really unlikely. Laughing

@ Juan
Hey!! I'm doing fine, thanks! Very Happy And I'm also glad I re-joined! Smile

Ahhhh and sorry for my long post... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Sounds promising, Danny. Would you like to be a professional writer? I mean as a career?
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks! Very Happy And yes, absolutely! I've always kind of dreamed of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Did you go to college? I should probably know, but I forget things when I haven't talked to someone much for a while. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:24 pm

That's okay, I'm pretty much the same sometimes, haha! Very Happy And nope, I didn't go to college...yet. Razz I'm totally behind with everything. Laughing Like I said back then I was taking a two years long break a few years back, so I just really graduated from high school last year. Well, actually I already graduated from high school back then, before my break, but in Germany there are like 3 different kinds of high school graduation and I went back to school for the 11th-13th grade to finally get the highest graduation which is called "Abitur" and now I'm taking a break again...as lazy as I am...well, okay, it's not only because of that I also have other reasons. Razz And yeah, I was actually looking for an apprenticeship now for this year, cause I actually never really wanted to go to college and the ones that interested me the most where to hard to get into anyways, but now in the end I decided to go to college after all, cause I found two colleges I like where I might have a good chance to get into by the end of the year, but I can't even apply to them before May. Sad I have to move for those colleges though and to be honest I'd rather stay here, but I have to choose between college or an apprenticeship and I can't find both nearby, so I'd have to move either way, so I'd rather go to college so at least I have more holidays to come home. Duh...it's just so annoying. Sad So yeah, becoming a professional writer would just be the best thing that could happen to me, so at least I ccould stay and work from home. Sad
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:28 pm

That's true. But if you want to be a writer in English, have you considered a college in an English speaking country? The US and Canada both have a lot of foreign students. You might find a program you like better than the schools you already know.
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

Hi! Good to see you again. Do you find it easy to be disciplined about your writing? I always find it hard with self-imposed deadlines.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:14 am

Yes, I was thinking about that too and I did find some interesting programs in Canada, but I'd rather not study abroad just yet to be honest. I know most people wouldn't understand, but I don't want to be away from my cats for too long, that's why I'd rather stay nearby. I know later on I would never regret not studying abroad as much as I would regret not seeing my cats and I can still always study abroad later on so I'm not in a hurry. Smile Other than that I would more than love to study in Canada, especially in Vancouver. Very Happy And I'm thinking of still trying to study in Canada for at least one semester during my program.

And as much as I'd love to be a professional writer, I'd rather try to achieve that privately and study media informatics instead since it pretty much involves other things I'm passionate about as well. There was one really interesting program nearby though that includes writing, but unfortunately I'd never get in that programm cause of my grades and it's pretty much the same with most programs I'm really interested, so in the end media informatics is pretty much the only good option left for me anyways. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am

Ooh, what's media informatics?
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 am

Sorry, I almost missed your first post. Embarassed But it's good seeing you again too! Very Happy But no, at first it was really hard, I couldn't get myself to even start writing for weeks in the first place and it's still not that easy. I actually wanted to be much further by now, but time is just flying by way too fast. Sad Sometimes there are times I find it quite easy though and the more I get into it the easier it gets, but in general it's still hard for me as well. It used to be different actually though...maybe it's because I'm still a little burnt out after all, I'm not sure. Neutral

Media informatics involves designing and programming which I both love. So on one hand I would learn how to program (like games, but also websites) and on the other hand I can also be creative and work with photoshop and other graphic programs. It also involves video & audio techniques which I'm also interested in and then of course lots of mathmatics, network techniques and some law which I'm less interested in, but it's really important for that and I guess in this case I wouldn't mind it. Smile And with that foundation I have lots of options later on, I can go and work for a company and be a programmer or webdesigner, or work for an advertising agency and I can also work for television on set in the technical area which I would probably love the most. Very Happy Of course I'd rather work as a writer or director on set but I could still always try to switch my profession from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 am

Oh, that sounds interesting. It would probably get you a wide variety of options and networking opportunities too.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 am

Exactly! Very Happy And that's just perfect since I'm pretty much interested in all those options, but I just can't decide yet which direction I wanna go for sure and this way I don't have to decide just yet and if I should still regret the decision I make later on I can still always easily go into another direction. Smile
Back to top Go down
Louisa

Louisa

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Since I use paranormal ideas a lot then it is highly unlikely that your ideas and mine are similar. I have three short stories in various stages of completion and they are all VERY paranormal and obviously so.

If you are really curious about what the three stories are about then shoot me a PM and I'll let you have a brief synopsis.
Back to top Go down
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Ah good, I'm glad to hear that! Very Happy Guess you're right then that our ideas can't really be similar then! Smile

And sure, will do! Wink I'd love to read your synopsis! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey, Danny Boy! How's life and the novel writing going?

I actually thought of you the other day because I was reading an article in my Women & Disability class about a woman who was a lesbian and she was keeping it a secret from her parents. Then one day she got into an accident and became permanently disabled, her parents found out about her relationship with her partner and forbid her partner to see her. They even sent the woman to a nursing home because they deemed her incapable and wanted her partner to stay away from her. It just got me thinking a lot about what it means to be part of more than one minority group and I really enjoyed that article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
kryptic_evil

kryptic_evil

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey!! I'm doing fine and so is my writing. Smile I actually wanted to be much further by now though, but oh well. Razz
Other than that I've come really far with losing weight and I'll probably reach my goal around May. Very Happy
I'm also excited for next month, cause I'm gonna visit my brother again then. Smile And maybe, but just maybe I'm going to a convention in Birmingham next month as well, but it depends on how many more of my fav actors will be there. Smile
And next month I might also stay at my grandparents for the weekend so I can check out the gay club and gay youth group in their town, which is the same town I might go to college to in a few months. Smile I actually have quite a lot of plans for the next few months that include some more trips. Razz

And that article you read sounds interesting indeed! But it's also really sad. Sad I'm just glad I can say for sure that my parents would never react like that though. Shocked But I'm still not really in a hurry to tell them... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daniel's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel's Intro   Daniel's Intro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel's Intro
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next