The Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our little community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eve's intro

Go down 
+5
Truefan
kryptic_evil
Tyg
kev
SlayerBitch
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

Eve's intro - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 am

I like imageshack, it works better now if you want to upload a lot of pics and doesn't show obscene pics as others lol...
I would offer TE.com, but since two days ago I don't own it anymore Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://truefan.heavenforum.com
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

Alright. I will start the uploading now. I'm gonna upload my pics aswell as some pics from other people who were on the trip with me, I have those pics now aswell, so.. Very Happy Hope there's some you can use Wink

So i'll post them when they're uploaded!
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 am

Those are some big pics, Eve Laughing
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 am

I know Laughing I didnt want to bother and resize them, and if she wants to print one of them, at least the quality is good enough Laughing
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 am

Good enough. Razz Nice pics. I have a program that will batch resize pics. So whenever I post a group on the net, I resize them all. Digital cameras don't have net size as their default size.
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:11 am

Those are so perfect, Eve!!! The size is perfect and the pics are totally what i needed!! I love mine, but I want some panoramic pics of la to frame and I don't really have more than a couple of them that look good enough, but yours are BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks a lot!! Very Happy And they wake up some incredible memories... Sad
Back to top Go down
Little Monster

Little Monster

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am

great pics, eve!! did you flex your muscles on the beach??
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

There were some guys flexing when we were there lol So funny!! lol

Btw, Eve, would it be much to ask asking if you have something from Melrose, Beverly Hills or Rodeo?
Plus I can share our panoramics with you if you want Very Happy
ooops, and some Hollywood too?
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Hehe thanks. And nope I didn't flex my muscles there haha, but I thought it was the funniest things I've ever seen! Seriously, some clichés about LA are just true apparently! Laughing

Yeah sure Diana, I don't have that many of those places but I will post them tonight or tomorrow! Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyg
Admin
Tyg

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow, that's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, you are my angel!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:21 am

Ohh now I miss LA and the rest of the USA soooo much again!! Razz Especially the warm weather now, it's snowing again here, ughh.

Gonna sort out the other pics now Wink
Back to top Go down
kev

kev

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 am

Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Truefan
Admin
Truefan

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:27 am

Those are perfect, Eve!! The first one will go for my sis (I hope you don't mind!), she was MJ #1 fan! And I'll take some of those too Very Happy I'll show you when I've done the frames to show you my idea, if you want Very Happy Thanks A LOT!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 am

Oh, I LOVE your LA pics! I wanna go back sooo badly!! Was supposed to this week, but since I'm sick it didn't work out.

I wanted to ask you about your exam. Since you failed it, do you just have to make up the exam itself or re-take the class? How many chances are you given to make up an exam if you've failed it? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/trucherrygirl
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 am

Hehe thanks! Too bad you can't go to LA though. I would also love to go back someday. But of course it's not as easy for me to get there, haha. Wink

I have to make up the exam itself (well, retake it), in August. It sucks that there's such a long time in between, but that's just how the system works here. So if I fail it again in August, I have to retake the class in the Fall semester. I really hope I won't have to though! Can't stand to sit through that again.

I guess in total you can make the exam 4 times. First time after the semester, second chance in August, 3rd chance when you take the class again and 4th chance again in August. If you fail 4 times then, well, you're screwed Laughing . I don't know what happens then but you can't take it again.

@ Di: no of course I don't mind! Wink And I would love to see those frames!
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 am

You won't fail the exam again! You can do it!

But I was wondering... how's school going? What's your On Television book like? That seems so interesting!
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 am

School is ok. I've been having kind of bad months the past months but it's been better the past weeks, and I'm also semi-motivated at school Razz . I'm keeping up with my work and classes, it's going pretty well so far! But I'm bored in all of my classes though. It's partly just me, because I have a short attention span and all my classes last 3 hours, which is just too long for me. And they're not all that interesting either. But I manage!

That book, it probably sounds more interesting than it is. It's written by Pierre Bourdieu, a French sociologist. We've covered him a little in my Culture and Media Theory class. We have to read 1 book for that class and I picked this one.

This is from Amazon:

Television permeates our culture like no other medium. Sitcoms, sports, murder trials, fast-food commercials, and distant wars are beamed into our homes in an endless stream. Given its pervasiveness, and the ways in which it shapes our view of the world outside our homes, it is vital that a rigorous critical apparatus exists to help us understand what all this TV means. On Television is a transcript of two lectures given by French critic Pierre Bourdieu, in which he expresses his concern that television in its current form is "a threat to political life and to democracy itself." He argues that television provides only the illusion of freedom, and that almost every image that reaches the screen is thoroughly mediated by corporate and political interests. The desire for larger audiences results in a medium that caters to the shortest attention span, and the news is reduced to a series of prepackaged sound bites and sensational video footage. On the networks, if it bleeds it leads.

Bourdieu's critique may be dismissed by some as excessively pessimistic, and he offers few solutions to the problems that he describes. Yet although the end may not be as nigh as Bourdieu imagines, the influence of television continues to grow, and this is a fascinating contribution to an increasingly important debate.--Simon Leake --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

It's not a very difficult read (you know - for a sociologist), but I have to keep my attention though. He makes some good points and on some levels I agree with him, but sometimes I just think "stop whining, you're saying the same thing over and over again, you've made your point. Now let me enjoy my television" Laughing
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:37 am

Damn, that sounds complicated! Sorry the book is boring. I wish it was as interesting as it sounds, but I guess not. Laughing My History of Sound Film prof told me last summer that I would basically stop enjoying films once I became a Film major because I have to analyze everything. He said something like that. Like, when I wanted to analyze Chicago for my final paper, he said I might eventually come to dislike the film and I still don't, so I don't know. My point is, I still think it's possible for us to enjoy our films and television.

I'm writing this "spec" script of this TV comedy right now and I love the show, but have learned that comedy is so hard to write. But it doesn't make me love the show any less, just that I have to go all out there with jokes and a solid storyline.

But I am tired of analyzing films and things. I think I can analyze to an extent, but if it's something I really don't want to do, then I just end up hating it. I thought you like analysis, though. Didn't the theory aspect of the Masters attract you to the degree to begin with?

Also, what's that I read about you teaching at a dance camp? Summer job? That would be awesome! Right up your alley! Wink
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 am

Hehe, I guess I can see why your professor told you that. I can't say yet, I hardly had any specific Film (or Television) classes this year. They're just general Media classes for now. Guess I'll find out if it'll ruin things for me or not. So far it hasn't, at least, and doubt it will! I should definitely see some more movies though, but I don't seem to find the time often.

I am really looking forward to next year though. I hope my classes will be as interesting as they sound... I can understand why you are tired of analyzing films. Guess I will too. Yeah, the theory aspect does attract me but too much is too much, lol! I hope I won't get tired of it too soon. I also have to write my thesis/dissertation next year. Blahhhh! Not looking forward to that, and I also have no idea what to do that about, yet!

Just wrote this paper/essay (2-3 pages) on an Advertising related topic for my Media Ethics class. It was actually great to do something around Advertising again, after studying that for the past years. It felt like home again. Laughing

Wow comedy sure sounds difficult to write! I don't think I could do it. I'm thinking about signing up for the script writing class aswell next year, but I'm not sure yet. I don't even have that much writing experience, though I like it. But maybe I'd like to learn that, then. Hmm, I'll see.
I read on Facebook that you were trying to get into that class again? When do you find out? I really hope you get in!! It's totally something for you.

Oohh the Summer job. Well nothing concrete yet, but I would love to get into that Camp. One of my friends (actually 2) worked there this holiday (we had easter holidays the past 2 weeks) and one of them has worked there for a few years, also during the Summer. She said she'd mention them to me and ask if they still needed people for the Summer, but haven't heard anything yet. But I am going to send an email as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah, I was gonna say your Masters seems a lot more like a Media Studies degree than a Film Studies degree. At least for right now. I think usually how it works in most undergrad and grad school programs is that the boring courses have to be taken first. I like how your Film Studies degree has some Television classes within it. My major doesn't even recognize Television classes! I mean, I'm sure it'd be OK if we took them at another university for elective film units, but blah. We need more variety.

Another reason I find it interesting that you're taking a lot of Media classes is that here Berkeley has 2 separate undergraduate majors that are like your Masters degree. There's a Film Studies major and a Media Studies major (formerly called Mass Communications), but both degrees are separate from one another. I don't think there is any overlap between the two and, to be honest, the Media Studies degree seems even more uninteresting! Laughing We also have an English major and minor thru the English department and a Graduate School of Journalism, but no undergraduate major or degree in Journalism. I swear, I will never understand Berkeley! Rolling Eyes

Ahhh, you have your Masters thesis next year! That's right! Do you know anything about the requirements for that yet or is still too early?

I remember you have to take some kind of seminar. I think you should take the translation one. Seems so interesting! And if you're not too creative, then maybe the script writing class wouldn't be the best choice for you, but I don't know. Maybe give it a try. Some of the other seminars seemed good too, though.

Is there such thing as a Masters in Advirtising in Belgium? Cuz you seemed to really like that or at least it's something you're comfortable with, so maybe you can get another Masters in Advirtising! Hope you did well on your paper. Glad you got to write about something you liked. Always makes the assignment better! Very Happy

Hope you get that summer job or at least find something to do this summer besides re-taking an exam! I'm sure you can find something, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:46 am

Well, my university is the only university in Belgium that offers a Film Studies degree! There's another one that offers a Film and Television Studies Master, which sounds more interesting, BUT, you also need to actually make a film and all that. It's more creative, and I'm really not good with all those technical things so I didn't want to do it. Plus, at least I have *some* tv classes... I think I can choose one at least.

The reason why it's a little overlapping with Media studies is, I think, because Film Studies really doesn't mean that much here... Like in the USA you may have more chances with a degree like that on the job-market, but over here... Very very tiny market. So most of the people I know who study Film are realistic and hope for a job in Media of some sorts. Of course it might be possible for some of us to go work in a production company or something (especially since our university is the only one in Belgium with the degree). But it's okay, there are so many degrees that don't give you a specific future anyway Laughing (Linguistics, History, ...)
I don't know what I'd like to do anyway..

Hmm there's no such thing as an Avdertising Master, but there is this degree called Strategic Communication, which includes advertising. I didn't want to take that because it was too similar to my bachelor's degree, I wanted to do something different now. Smile

Yeah I'm also thinking about taking that translating class because it's something I would actually LOVE to do as a job. Put Dutch subtitles on English movies/tv shows. The thing is, they tend to hire actual translaters for that. It's one of the reasons I wanted to study languages, to become a translater. But in the end I didn't pursue that. Shocked a lot of people though, because a few years through High school I told everyone I was gonna study languages. But I didn't regret not doing it though! So that's why I thought of not taking that translating class, but then again, if I take one screenwiting class, doesn't mean I'll become a writer either. Laughing I'll give it some more thought.
EDIT: OH NO!! I just checked for NEXT year and they don't offer the translating class anymore!! Sad

Yeah, I'll find something to do during the Summer... I'm off one week to dance camp (which is more like a private camp for our dancers, and they're staying over) like last year. And then maybe afterwards the sports camp (which is a public day camp). If I get that though, it's gonna be a very sporty summer. Laughing But maybe it's just for 1 or 2 weeks, I'll see. And if I don't get that, I'll look for another job, I don't worry about it too much yet. Laughing
I'm also gonna meet Danny boy Cool

Oh, I almost forgot. No, I don't really know any specifics about that thesis yet... Guess it's too early now.
Back to top Go down
trucherrygirl

trucherrygirl

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am

Oh, that's right! I totally forgot you were meeting Danny Boy this summer. Sounds like fun!

Sorry I have not posted in your thread. Laziness. Laughing

How did your exams go? Excited to be done? Do you have a final round of exams in August again or is that only for re-takes? I can't remember what you've told me before.

What are you doing now? Do you have those dance camps/part-time summer jobs lined up already or do you have to apply again for the summer?
Back to top Go down
SlayerBitch

SlayerBitch

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 am

I'm definitely excited to be done with the semester! Not too sure about my exams though... I'm afraid I'm not gonna pass that stupid History class. As for the others, we'll see! I have at least 1 exam in august from last semester, and then maybe 1 or 2 more from this semester. I REALLY hope not, but I'm preparing myself for it though. So yes, those are only re-examinations.

I'm getting my results July 2nd, they'll be on Blackboard at 4pm. That same evening I'm leaving for dance camp, so at least if my results are bad I can set my mind to something else. Last semester I was just sulking an entire evening at home, lol.

Have this week off, next week I'm gonna work and then leave for dance camp for 1 week. After that another 3 weeks of working. It's in the department store again. I didn't hear from the camp thing until yesterday, but it's too late now since I already agreed to the other job... And they didn't need a dance teacher anyway, so I would've been a regular counselor with little children (like, age 4-6 I think). Sounds like fun though, but I can't combine both, so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eve's intro   Eve's intro - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eve's intro
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next